Ping pong is a well-known game all over the world. As everyone knows, ping pong is an indoor and outdoor game because it is very easy to resemble the ping pong table.
People might ask for How to make a pingpong table who can’t afford the ping pong table. However, we will talk about How to make a ping-pong table. There are many ways to make the ping pong table with old things.
Material Required For How to Make A Pingpong Table:
Firstly, when you planned to make a ping pong table by yourself then probably you need some material to make the table. So, here are some materials and instructions that help you in How to make a pingpong table that is reliable and affordable.
Secondly, this table will be good enough to play together with the family as well as save your money. I really hope that this article will help you and make your plans true. Moreover, this is not so difficult to follow.
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
- Paintbrush and enamel paint
- Plywood pieces should be a quarter-inch thick and in measurement should be 5/5 feet
- Two 2/2 lumber pieces
- 6 inches tall net
- Masking tape
However, you might be thinking about the dimensions of the ping pong table. Then I would love to tell you that the tables are five feet wide, nine feet long, and thirty inches high. Moreover, having the capacity to build your own ping pong table then it will become more economical since many individuals cannot afford to purchase a ping pong table.
How to Make A Pingpong Table:
This is the time to make the ping pong table with the help of the material which I have mentioned above. This is really simple and easy to make your own table. Here are simple steps that you have to follow to make the table.
- Firstly, you have to start with the base of the ping pong table. However, you have to create the table with the help of the planks of 2/2 lumbers. You can do this by cutting two pieces of lumber of 9 by 5 feet each.
- Moreover, you have to take care of the pieces of lumber that you are using them 9 feet as the length and two pieces of the 5 feet as width. Secondly, attach them with each other by using the wood screw in order to form a rectangular frame.
- When the base is formed, you have to make the tabletop with the help of plywood pieces. Moreover, each plywood should be 5 by 4 feet.
- Lay those on the base of the table which you have created, the seam in between them should be in the middle of the table. Thirdly, secure the plywood with the help of clamps and wood glue. Let the glue dry leave it for some minutes.
- However, it is time to get the wood of sizeable thickness of at least 2/2 inches. So that you can use these to obtain ping pong table legs.
- Now, you have cut the four of them by the 2/2 boards into legs. As you know, the ping pong table has a height of 30 inches. So, you have to make it 30 inches tall minus the thickness of the tabletop.
Last points for How to Make A Pingpong Table:
- However, while you are attaching the legs ensure that if the tabletop is a quarter-inch then the height of the legs should be 29 and 3 quarters inches. Then attach the legs to the tabletop with the help of the screws.
- Now, it’s time to paint the table. Choose your favorite color and paint the table with the help of brushes. Wait until it dry. Now, use the masking tape, paint a white line ¾ inches wide on the edges of the table. Mark the center of the table and make the centerline.
- Finally, it’s time to attach the six inches net at the center of the table and make it secure with the help of the clamps. However, get the paddles, balls, and yes a partner to play ping pong with you.
Paint Used For The Tabletop
You can use the table of your own choice but mostly the surface of the tabletop is usually painted in dark blue or dark green color. However, I will recommend you to use anti-glare paint so that light will not reflect on the table. Moreover, you have to use the paint that is ideal to paint on the table. These should be those paints that have good wear resistance and high hardness you can use like automotive paint.
However, the color for the lines should be white color. You can also use masking tape to stick the pain. Moreover, when you have done paint the table or white lines, you have to wait for the paint to dry and then remove the masking tape and your paint is done. Above all, some people use matte polyester paint and it is not bad too. However, the two-color side can be done with the help of masking tape.
Wait until the color is doubled to solidified and then taped with a tape. Moreover, the thickness can be well mastered and there will be no height difference after painting the table but if you double the color it will make your table lifetime double.[/su_box]